View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Adrian82

I'm on my wits end...

Greetings to everyone. I have been reading this forum on and off and finally decided to register.

I'm 35 years old, have been drinking "professionally" since 22. Have lived alone for a long time and now live with my girlfriend at my place for 1.5 years, was about to make a proposal. I have been verbally abusive to her a couple of times, but yesterday it got out of hand.

To describe how bad the things are, her dad died last Saturday. She cried a lot and I tried to support her as I can. But (what an insanity!) I decided to have a beer yesterday, then went to the shop and got loaded - you know how this happens. And sent her a photo from a bar. When she got home she was mad at me, and I got defensive and started talking all kind of nonsense and even accused her of the things she never did! i really have a dirty mouth when wasted. She bursted into tears, and in the morning left without saying a word.

I've done many bad things including DUI and loss of friendships and respect from people while drunk, and now I feel my life is ruined. I don't know what to do now... Can even barely write.