Thread: Antidepressants
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by cellardoor77 View Post
Thanks for mentioning this, Thomas11. Since I've stopped using, I've been prone to getting angry for pretty much no reason. And although I've definitely had some temper issues in the past, I haven't really ever considered myself an angry person. It's weird.. these days I'm almost afraid to let myself become too happy or excited, because then it's like I somehow open myself up to other more intense emotional swings. It somehow opens the door for things like anger or a deeper depression. So I end up just feeling sort of flat a lot of the time. I feel like all of the neurotransmitters are a bit out of wack right now, and it take a while before they get settled back down to baseline.
I can relate to what your saying (I think). It sounds like you are consciously keeping a lid on your emotions because if you allow yourself to get too happy or sad/mad things spiral out of control. I was similar. With the medication I'm on, I don't consciously keep a lid on my emotions at all, its done for me with the medication. Pretty even keel all the time and its nice knowing you can trust yourself.