Thread: Walking away
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
complicated21

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Welcome Complicated. I'm glad you found SR and hope you find it supportive.

Your A probably cares about you and your feelings as much as any alcoholic which isn't much. I see addiction as a bit of a natural disaster. It's nothing personal; it's just a tsunami bearing down on your life. Get out of the way and find a safe place. I wish it wasn't like this but it is.

I'm glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself with exercise and good friends. Please continue to be gentle with yourself at this difficult time.

I think to some end he cares... but I think he is too far gone. I think part of him thinks I won't give up and will come right back. Then again I also think that he just doesn't care if I don't accept him for him.

When he would drink excessively sometimes he would be like... I am not perfect, no one is... and make it seem like I was expecting perfection when anyone with a brain would know that's not the case. I always wondered if anyone else left him because of his drinking. I find it hard to believe that I am the first. I find it hard to believe that no other girls have taken issue with it.

I feel lucky that we live on opposite ends of town. I don't see him coming to my house. I don't see him trying because in his mind I am the one being unreasonable. I can look past him when I see him when I am working. These next few weeks will be the hardest.