View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 02:36 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
tufty13

Originally Posted by Cocobeano View Post
I get bored. Life gets mundane. I use it to mix things up. Working, being a mom and a wife can be hard. How do mom's not drink? 🤔 That seems weird. I wish I were one. Seems boring. What will I do on Thursday (and every other) evening to reward myself, and to make being home doing chores and bathing children more "fun". I know I need to find something else that makes me happy. If it were that easy I wouldnt be here. Booze is easy. It's a "right now it's here, I don't have to go anywhere, I don't have to get a sitter" happy hobby. Till I wake up the next morning wondering why I rushed so much to but the baby down, when I know damn well I was impatiently trying to get back to my drink. Day one here. Day two is ok. Day three sucks. Day 4 will be really sucky. I plan ahead for drinking, things revolve around it. Big changes to come I pray.
The very first post I wrote on SR contained exactly the same sentiment.
Man, I'd lived so long with booze, I couldn't imagine a life without it.

I completely dismissed out of hand, the notion of actually being able to have fun without booze. Impossible, I thought. Impossible, I wrote.

From memory, it was Doggonecarl who replied telling me that I would come to realise what a ridiculous statement that was, if I just gave sobriety a chance.

So, I'll suggest the same to you Cocoabeano, I'm over a year and a half sober now and I can tell you for naught, wild horses couldn't drag me back to drinking.

The pure joy of living fully, in the present moment and being aware of everything round me, is a better buzz than hoovering with a glass of wine ever could be. And the happiness on my children's faces when they talk to me and they know I'm listening and am engaging with them is a simple pleasure indeed.

It's a myth that you can't have fun without booze. Myth . Lie. Myth.

Lie.

:-)