View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

I isolate and separate from the desire and any thoughts of indulging the desire, when explaining that process and naming the objects that are separated out and giving IT a persona , I do not imagine that there is literally a separate entity (ies) residing autonomously 'inside' me, it's all Me in 'there'
For me, AVRT is the technique I use to achieve and keep the separation . I've got a rogue 'survival' drive that can run rampant," It's" just too dumb to realize it is worse than un-needed, but I finally figured it out. And put it in a metaphorical cage, meaning I don't feed IT anymore, I don't indulge that desire and contrary to what my AV 'said' no adverse things happened as a result, in fact quite the contrary
The desire really didn't go 'anywhere', it's still 'there', I just don't really care anymore.
Which isn't really true either, I do care , deeply , I care that I know I am worth more than simply existing to satisfy some desire whose outcome is only destructive. I care a lot about permanent abstinence, just not a toss for drinking anymore.