View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
tealily

Originally Posted by Vinomum View Post
I know tomorrow lunch time my head will be thinking about wine and I'll spend the afternoon battling with myself over not drinking. Is there any good tips of reducing the cravings? xx
Some things that help me with cravings:

Start timing them. Notice the time of day they happen, and then just wait them out. You'll be surprised how quickly the cravings ease. If you analyze them, look at them almost scientifically, somehow it seems to take away their power. It is a brain trick, after all. You know for certain that the way you've been drinking is not good for you.

On top of that, have ZERO access to alcohol. Don't buy it, don't even go into that part of the store. If you have any at home, get rid of it.

The cravings will diminish. They are only thoughts, and you don't have to act on them.

I've come to see it this way: when you get to the point that when drinking is ruining your life and you want to stop, it really is a binary choice: You either choose to pour poison into your body and continue to ruin your life, or choose to be healthy and have a better life, for yourself and your family. Once I realized I'm not depriving myself, but giving myself a gift, it became so much easier!

You can do it!