Old 06-05-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Karen22

Newbie here - a couple of weeks of sobriety. I've read all the posts - starting with Part One - on AVRT. I am very encouraged by it. Before I pose my question, I will preface it by saying Terminally Unique welcomed the inclusion of religion to the discussions. It isn't at all my intent to high jack the thread but I have a question relating to making a "higher power" part of the Big Plan - if one has a higher power.

I understand that we have the power within us - just us alone - but wouldn't it give added strength to include it. For example, my Big Plan is "I will never drink again". What if I amend it to something like "With God's strength, I will never drink again".
;I've read through the posts that it's possible to make a big plan and not keep it.) I've even considered making a "vow" to God to never drink again but after researching the idea a bit, I'm not sure that I should.

I have 100% certainty that I will never drink again - just not with my power alone.

Thanks for listening- be gentle please. By the way, I sometimes "hear" Terminally Unique's "voice" in some of these later threads - wishful thinking I guess but I like to think that maybe he's still around. He definitely helped a tremendous amount of people with his support.