Thread: 11 Month Post
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Linz805 View Post
I am sitting here in awe that I haven't had one single drop of alcohol in 11 months. I am not shocked because I pretty much love recovery but time is really picking up speed. I remember when the days were CRAWLING!! It does get better people! As far as materialistic things go my life is the same. I have the same job, same house etc that I did before. It is everything else that is different. I have a few REAL FRIENDS that I got in the program of AA. I actually go out w/ them on Fridays. Do you know what I did before recovery? Drink alone on Fridays (and a lot of other days ) to the point where I would likely black out. My spiritual life has grown. I spend almost every night in quite time writing and praying and reading. I have forgotten at times what a freaking hang over can feel like. I actually am kind of starting to like myself more. I am proud of myself and my sister no longer has to worry about me. Staying sober is possible. May not feel like it to some BUT there are millions of examples out there and you have to do whatever it takes! I know it can be gone in one stupid decision but staying in gratitude helps Stay positive and just do not drink today
Congratulations, Linz.

And thank you for this beautiful, inspirational post.