Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 01:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kenton

Why?

London Bridge attack. Latest atrocity in a long, long list of atrocities that have happened all over the world.

Why is there so much evil? Maybe when I was drinking I could pretend the evil wasn't quite so real. Now I see it properly and it's terrifying.

My AV pounces on news like this. Tells me the world is horrible, might as well drink. What's the point of trying to build a strong, sober future? Might get blown up or run over or stabbed next time I go out for a walk. Might as well get drunk. Pretend it's not really happening.

Tears running down my face when I'm typing this because I can't stop thinking about all the people affected by evil. Every day, somewhere around the world, people are suffering.

Being sober means there's nowhere to hide from these emotions. Got to feel them, got to let the tears fall.

I will not give in to my AV. The world isn't horrible. Good still far outweighs evil. By staying sober I can do something to help those affected. Make sure they're not forgotten. Teach my kids that we don't give in to evil. We don't let it win.

Just needed to work through these emotions and typing that helped. Looking forward to another strong, sober day.