Old 06-03-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Tetra

I am very stressed out but I hope everybody is having a nice weekend.
I took a few days off last week because I was genuinely feeling ill. I feel very run down and I have developed this unsightly, huge 'cold sore' type thing at the side of my mouth. I don't actually know what it is. I forsee a trip to my GP on the cards after the bank holiday weekend.

One of the women in my office was off for 2 months as she twisted/sprained her wrist or something. She is now very backlogged with her typing. She asked our manager for help with the typing. Our manager arrived into the office on Thursday and informed us that there is no help for anyone as a lot of secretaries are leaving/maternity leave/parental leave/on indefinite leave so there is no help. Then she casually said "Tetra can do overtime if she likes to help out!" Then without a pause she said "oh Tetra you HAVE to take some holidays as there will be an audit coming up". I told her I took 3 days off last week and she said that was fine.

So typical. In one breath telling me to do overtime and in the next asking me to take holidays. Then she said "I have heard from some people in the basement who work in sort and file (sorting patients charts) that some people in this office are not filing back letters. I won't name names but you know who you are". That would be me then. I have no time to go to the basement between typing, organising theatre lists and all the other stuff I have to do. I haven't filed a letter since I arrived there really. I have no time especially if I have to spend my afternoon answering all the phones and typing medical legal reports. I would say my consultant gets about 3 solicitors letters a week. I have 2 to do on Tuesday when I get back after the bank holiday and it's all blah blah "X came to the ED on whatever date with a fractured nose after an alleged head butt" blah blah."

I should just move in there with a sleeping bag. I figure if I could do 1 or 2 hours over 3 evenings a week that would clear a lot of my back filing. If I sound stressed it is because I am.

Still if that many secretaries are leaving it would appear that my job is safe... for now.