View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Hi SoberRunner,

Glad you are back. There are lots of good suggestions above. I joined this site in 2012, and took my last drink the last day of 2015. I spent those first two and a half years fluctuating between periods of sobriety, and failed attempts at moderation. I was the master of convincing myself this time would be different, finally I had enough.

I have been sober for the past 17 months. I have mainly used this website as my support, but I actively used it. I read and posted every day, I joined the January class and formed a few closed friendships with other people in there. I also started checking in daily in the 24 hour thread and found a group of people who support each other through the good and the bad.

I focused on a recovery plan, and making healthy choices both physically and mentally. I have worked on mindfulnesss, exercise, eating healthy, but most importantly taking alcohol completely off the table. There have been some difficult days in the past 17 months and I got through them by dealing with them head on, rather than avoiding them through a cloud of alcohol.

You can do this, but you need to be willing to make the changes in your life needed to be sober.

Looking forward to seeing you on here.