Old 06-03-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Katsmeeyow

Good morning everyone! Day 4 for me.

Charlie, I know what you mean about keeping up. I'm not good at posting on forums either. Great at reading them. That's one reason I decided to join this class at the same time I'm seriously trying to quit. I feel that actually posting vs. reading helps keep me accountable. That's what my funny brain tells me!

LoveHoops, count me in as a home alone drinker too. Didn't really go out much to drink. My problem is I would attempt to hide it from my fiancé and my daughter. I'd secretly have a bottle (or the minis usually) stashed and take gulps from them when no one was in the room. I just couldn't bring myself to tell my fiance I wanted to have some drinks. He told me over and over to just tell him if I wanted to drink rather than blindside him when I'm suddenly stumbling and obviously drunk. I just couldn't do it. Even though he'd drink himself many times (and still does). I guess I was/am so ashamed because I know I shouldn't be drinking at all because I can't handle it. I drink too much too fast and I can't control what I say or do.

Last night we both watched a couple episodes of a tv show, Bloodline on Netflix. I bought a box of See's candy on the way home from work as a comfort and also to help with cravings. I'm not really a sweets person, don't ever reach for sweets when I'm hungry, but for right now I'm finding it's helping me get through the nights (when I want to drink).

I'm going to try the LaCroix as well, thank you CuteandGay!

Welcome SoberRunner!

Here's to a wonderful sober day!

Last edited by Katsmeeyow; 06-03-2017 at 08:49 AM. Reason: added day 4