Old 06-02-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nme13

Different activity to do when you get a craving?

Today is day one for me (again) after about a million times of trying to quit. I can manage to go several days to a week without drinking but I'm so sick of drinking and pissed off with myself that I can't seem to quit long term. Is there any behavior or activity any of you have used that has helped you quit drinking? I know for me, some of the reason I drink is because I think it's going to help me in social settings, so it's best for me to just avoid social situations where there will be alcohol for now. But a lot of the time when I decide to buy alcohol, it's because I'm bored, stressed, whatever, and think that having a drink will help to pass the time. I keep trying to find something else to do, like going on a walk, bike ride, or something like that when I feel like drinking, but I can't seem to stop myself from getting a drink before hand. Is there anything that has been really helpful for you to stop yourself or an activity you've found that can motivate you to do sober instead? I'm ready to quit and I need to have a plan in place for something else to do when I get the urge to drink.