View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreedomCA

Day 11 important insight

So I am currently on Day 11. In the past couple of years, I have had 10.5 and 5.5 months sober. But I am realizing something now as I have been struggling with sleep on my current sobriety. I was taking more than the recommended dosage of over the counter sleeping pills sometimes during those 2 sobrieties. And I am now realizing that I truly was not sober by taking those pills, which is probably why I ended up relapsing anyways. I have not taken them in the past 11 days despite struggling with sleep and have even thrown them away. I think I had realized the connection between drinking and taking those pills (which even gave somewhat of a hangover in the morning). I know that if I truly want to get this and work on being sober, I am going to have to cope with the sleepless nights until something changes. And it was so coincidental that after I realized this, I read somewhere online on an addiction website that someone considered himself sober when not drinking, taking sleeping pills or taking NyQuil (I wasn't taking Nyquil though because of the alcohol), which goes to show that there was something to my insight. Those pills were sort of alcohol in pill form.