Old 06-01-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
DesertDawg

Thank you for another great opening post, Sao. Very topical too, as getting through weekends was, by far, the hardest part of getting sober for me. All that free time I had to fill.

There were so many weekends during my drinking career that I barely, if at all, remember. Missed out on a lot, too. I would get off of work Friday afternoon, hit the liquor store on the way home and pick up something to eat, then that was it. No friends, no family, no interaction at all...just me, my booze, and the TV & computer. And I HAD friends and family close by...but I would have rather drank myself into oblivion than interact with them. Pretty much repeat this process all weekend, then Monday morning would be a dumpster fire as I tried to get ready for work in the midst of heavy withdrawal. The best was waking up at 3am or so Monday morning, unable to go back to sleep, but still three hours until I had to be up. Take a couple of swigs to knock myself out, then it would MURDER when I had to get up three hours later.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, again.