View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

When our loved ones or friends feel threatened they will have their own conclusions as to why recovery/ recovery website is not good. You have not been cured. I have not been cured, per say. I have today to stay sober and I will deal with tomorrow when it comes. You also have today to make different decisions and take actions that will create a foundation for sobriety, If you so choose.

What I do to stay away from alcohol:

Each morning I log into SR and read. I post support to others and sometimes I start my own thread.

I go to work and focus on the tasks that I have for that day.

After work I come home and eat dinner. I take a bath or wash off the day in some way (cleanse face)

I log onto SR again and post or read. By this time, Its later into the evening and I either watch a series on TV or I open a book (the latter has not been happening too much)

I get to bed early and I have a full 8 hrs or more of sleep.

I repeat everything the next day.

When the weekends roll around, I am generally caught up in a house project or yard work. Food shopping, supply shopping for the home. I pop into SR randomly and frequently to read and help others. Sometimes I may need the help. I go to the gym and run or workout. It seems like the gym really fits in on the weekends.

Life is much more manageable with this form of structure.

So, this is my plan. Each hour is filled with productivity and a methodical approach to how I am NOW choosing to live.

Do you have a day to day/ hour to hour plan? It may be helpful for the first few months until you get solid footing on your sober path.