Thread: The note
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Jaeger

Originally Posted by Twofish View Post
Hello Jeager....you are so correct. I'd rather be in transitional labor, forever, than be in a constant state of worry and guilt, blame and shame. Some days are better than others. It just seems to lurk around me?
I am grateful of my younger daughters recovery, that saves my brain. I will continue to have hope that the older daughter "discovers" that a recovery plan and sobriety are so worth the pain of "being sick of being dope sick"
Thank you for caring about me and for my children, their disease of addiction and mental "instability", wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy
TF
I'm sure you don't recall immediately but I have a son with substance abuse issues and my husband is an alcoholic. He is nearing his 2 yr sobriety bday. Seeing how hard he works his program and how important it is to him leaves me speechless. It's truly amazing and a gift to just watch as a bystander. It makes it easier for me to work my program with my son. Easier to draw a line in the sand and no longer coddle or enable. It IS possible if my AS wants it. Does that make sense? Do you feel this way with your daughter's?