View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Nowsthetime

Hi!

Every day when I wake up I look here and read for a bit to set my mindset for the day (even if for a minute). Part of my plan is to come here and post when my AV gets too loud and even if I feel I don't want to. Post BEFORE I drink. When I crave (not much anymore) I ride it out, play the tape and use other tools I have learned here. I walk my dog for a long time almost everyday ( I did everyday at the beginning ). I work a mix of AVRT mostly with some AA and spirituality. I have never gone to a meeting or to a therapist but I have tried to educate myself about addiction, mental health, recovery and healing. I read every day. It might sound cheese but it's deep, it's working on your soul.

Getting support and perspective from others is really helpful. People here really understand. For me it really was about what I wanted my life to be. I was having regrets and i didn't want that anymore. Being here is important because I don't have support in my real life.
I have also struggled with anxiety, PTSD, etc. and I don't let that be an excuse if anything it is a huge deterrent because alcohol it makes it worse, much worse. I have learned that by educating myself about what alcohol does to us. Knowledge is power.

I really hope you keep posting!