Thread: Brain damage
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
But I do seem to be a bit behind my lovely friends here who are getting sober and managing complicated lives. I'm a bit embarrassed.
I worried about that too. Then someone said to me - what if you're right where you need to be right now?

It didn't happen immediately but that was the start to me relaxing - eventually I stopped worrying, realised I wasn't in competition with anyone, and realised that as much as I wanted to be fixed NOW I needed time for mind and body to heal.

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
I'm afraid. I can't actually do any of those things unless someone actually physically demonstrates how to do them. Then I'd probably need reminding. It'd be excruciating to even try. My days are made up of apologising for my stupidity and forgetfulness. My teeth are clenched in terror as I write this. If I smile and keep quiet, I might go under their radar.
Who would I ask? Aaaaahh. Someone very kind did give me a BB tho. It's in my drawer. I could try reading it.
Just don't say anything now I've admitted all that.
Everyone is afraid at the start.

I worried that sober me would be a profound failure at life because thats what drunk me told me for 20 odd years....

Instead I found I was more capable that I'd ever imagined....but I needed to get out there and give things a go to find that out.

Its scary - but you're not alone Weev

D