View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Fusion

Yes, the Beast (alcohol drive) has no regard for us or our loved ones. It would lead us to neglect both, in pursuit of ITs fix: even to the point of leading us to drink ourselves to death. The Beast is just a survival drive and has no comprehension of mortality, it's a rogue survival drive.

I struggled with the concept of 'starving' the Beast. I love all things beastie; can't even kill wasps, despite a huge phobia.

I settled on viewing the Beast as being sustained by my diet, so it wouldn't die - it's only deprivation being alcohol, for which it's sulking. This also disempowers IT, because if it crops up suddenly, after a lenghty period of no AV, I don't panic, resist, declare OMG the AVs returned, I've had a drinking dream, it must be an omen......phone someone, go to a meeting etc. Instead, I calmly just notice ITs reappearance, impotently whining and muttering away, asking for ITs fix.

Little puppy is so fortunate you've disempowered your Beast. Puppy training classes are really beneficial. I can highly recommend the Kennel Club's 'Good Citizen Dog Training Scheme'. It's structured classes, starting with puppy foundation and then higher levels; with tests and a pass certificate. There's a KC certified dog trainer network around the country, although as always, some are better than others. (I should've sent the last paragraph by PM - but no, I view this as puppy's thread, plus I adore the imagery of the bubble (AV) popping puppy).