Thread: Brain damage
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
VigilanceNow

Hi Weev, and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that things are moving more slowly than anticipated. I will say - and you may not find this particularly helpful - but really and truly, everyone recovers from their alcoholism at their own pace. It doesn't matter how much/how frequently you drank compared to another person; so much of it depends on your body's unique chemistry and how you are taking care of it now that you're off alcohol.

That said, if you're really worried about feeling foggy all the time, I would suggest seeing a doctor. It is likely that you will begin to feel better after a time, but there's always the possibility that something else could set in. Not to scare you, but some of the more severe physical consequences of alcohol don't present symptoms until 2-3 weeks after discontinuing alcohol use (e.g. Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome). Again, that depends on you and your situation, and knowing so little about you, I wouldn't even speculate.

Take a trip to your doctor and get your levels checked. It could be something as simple as a vitamin deficiency (very common among alcoholics) that will clear up with a simple supplement! Hang in there!!