View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Thank you for the starter Sao and totally understood. Please, don't ever feel you can't come here in any frame of mind. I am thinking of you and hope that everything works out ok.

STDragon, congrats on shotgun!

This is a rough weekend for me. The 0527 at the end of my name represents my last sobriety attempt here when I made it days shy of 18 months. I would have had 4 years sober on the 27th had I been mindful. When I returned last May I thought of having my name changed to LadyBlue0509 and then I really thought it through. As important it is for me to be grateful to be sober now I don't ever want to forget what happened last time and will happen if I lack mindfulness again. It's far from beating myself up for faltering. It's a consistent reminder of the lesson I learned and will never forget.

This is a weekend made for alcohol. I already see the plans all over the place on Facebook and every single one of them boast how much alcohol will be present. I revel in the fact that at no given moment will I not be accountable nor will I have to endure the suffering of a hangover.

Stay close and check in if you need to!