Old 05-24-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

I'm glad your accident just was a fender bender, Gilmer, and not something more serious. I have had three accidents, and in each, my car was standing still at a light and yet I got plowed into.

Congrats PJ!

Feeling a little better today. A combination of extreme fatigue, horrendous news, dark skies here and tons to do just sort of overwhelmed me a bit. Getting some things done and a better night's sleep have helped, as well as cranking some tunes.

We co host a big Memorial Day BBQ and picnic with my in laws whom live next door to us. This started as an all day drinkfest for me, starting well before noon and often still drinking around the bonfire as the sun came up. My BIL gave up drinking 10 years ago, and we all started having kids which makes things more sedate. I used to look forward to inviting folks over to drink. I would get 7-8 cases of beer, and plenty of wine and booze. This year, I bought just two cases. The whole weekend is a lot of work getting everything ready, and I commented to my wife that I am at the point that I really don't care if this event slipped into history. However, after 18 years, people would probably just automatically show up anyway.

Just bought some beautiful Hibiscus plants and Mandevilla plants at Produce Junction that need to be planted. And another trip to the store. Just wanted to say hi to everyone!

Enjoy the rest of the day!