SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - My story-My husband is an alcoholic and I'm co-dependent
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 08:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
flower959

I decided to not bring up the pop can "incident". It is what it is. I don't think that I'm going to accomplish anything by discussing it. I'm pretty sure that he saw me take a drink out of it any ways. He knows how I feel about his drinking and he knows that I believe that he can not be a social drinker. Yet he chooses to continue his bingeing. I don't want to have the same argument over & over again.

So, this upcoming weekend is a holiday weekend and that makes me anxious. My AH always drinks more heavily during holidays. Last years Memorial Day weekend was the weekend that set me in motion for Al-Anon. My goal is to keep myself busy; I have to work on healthy detachment. It's just so hard to watch someone do that to themselves. I just don't understand it.

BTW, I have believed for years that our marriage will eventually come to an end if he continues to drink. I think that there will be a day when I know, for sure, that I've had enough. That day has not yet happened. I do look down the road from time to time. And while I have a ways yet until retirement, I just cannot imagine us retiring together. At this moment, I'm just taking it one day at a time.
flower959 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to flower959 For This Useful Post:
firebolt (05-24-2017), honeypig (05-24-2017), hopeful4 (05-30-2017), suncatcher (06-20-2017), Thumper (06-02-2017)