Old 05-23-2017, 09:19 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

So, generally speaking I was a "nice" country girl....but still had a bit of a curious, devious, experimental mind. One of our banty hens was trying desperately to hatch out some chicks. But she had bad eggs or something...I can't remember totally...and it just wasn't happenin;. So, we had ducks too and duck eggs. We thought we would see what would happen if we put a duck egg under that banty hen. So, we did and she sat on it till it hatched out and it was her only baby. Well, that was HER baby even if it wasn't her egg and she was so proud of that baby duck...she treated it just like she would have treated a baby banty; she mothered it...and banty's were the best mothers...everything was going fine and she seemed to take to motherhood right well....until ONE day that little duckling jumped into a puddle of water and started swimming around...oh my gosh that mother banty was FRANTIC...this was NOT RIGHT...her baby was NOT supposed to be in water at all let alone swimming....it was quite the thing....and she squaked at it like she was saying, "Get out of that water right now, right this very minute!!" Oh my. It was quite the thing.