Old 05-23-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
gleefan

Courage - Two weeks of depression? That sounds difficult to me. Only you know whether your mood is well managed enough otherwise, that a couple down weeks every so often is manageable for you. No hugs being offered by me - only a walk by your side on a shared path.

Stargazer - I hope the laundry helped you get into a better head space. Odaat is the only way I can function amidst the chaos of the world.

If I'm honest it's mixed with a little bit of avoidance. I've been sober for 3 years, and I'm still uncovering major areas that need attention. I'm trying to replace avoidance with being more mindful and present. I recently "realized" that all my friends in their early to mid 40s are having all kinds of minor medical procedures, and that I should probably be better about scheduling doctor visits for all the preventative tests and exams.

Gilmer - You always have something uplifting and supporting to say. I am so glad that your family sees your glimmer, too.

Tom - I'm glad you didn't feel like you were missing out while hanging out in your old stomping grounds. It was a couple years before I could feel serenity while being sober in places that I used to get hammered!

Del - Sending strength your way! Fill us in when you have the time. Don't drink.

Carlos - I am glad you're having so much fun with JG .... odaat (mini-JG too).

Tonight I put myself first and took time for a quick workout. Now off to prepare myself a quick dinner: Mediterranean style chicken, chickpea, cucumber, and tomato salad.