View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Shitzupuppy
Maladaptive

Originally Posted by McHayduke View Post
Awesome stuff Shitzupuppy, good on you!

Told 1 friend the truth. Everyone else thinks we're dieting.

I'm curious about how that convo went. Like you, I'm also on this new, ultra-restrictive diet and I'm starting to wear iterations of the following pretty thin..."Hey, what can I say? No matter how nice I ask, this gut just won't lose itself!"

Again, congrats on your milestone!
thanks guys

re telling people:
I only told 1 person and the convo was at a dinner/HH- I used to usually get wine. and pre-drink. SO my wife and I and this friend met at the place. My wife and I were talking about what I should order because I didn't want tap water. My friend was listening to all that, so I just made an aside comment that I have stopped drinking. She asked why, and I said because once I start I can't stop. Boom.
She said ok, and we went on with the night. Very cool I did have an Odouls and those 2 had 1 glass wine each.

Re others- I'm fat and older. So it's pretty easy to say we want to get in shape and lose weight and take care of our health. No one really questions that.

I'm only close to one sibling (only have one) who hasn't had a drink to be healthy not due to disease (AFAIK) for almost 10 years and he is really into fitness. So that's easy too.

I really have a small circle of friends. (Alcohol creates isolation??) and as far as I know, they would be more likely to be teetotalers than boozers. But they would have probably said the same about me, because I think only my wife and I knew the real situation. (drinking at home)