Thread: Giving Up
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CreativeThinker

Giving Up

Not an option for me!

3 months ago today I woke up feeling like a piece of s***! Filled with shame and anxiety, I went into the bathroom, looked in the mirror and barely recognized myself. Bloated face, bloodshot eyes, dirty hair, overweight…a mess! I tried to recall the previous night, did we fight? Did I text or email anyone? Are the vehicles in the garage?... DH was passed out in bed, my home was a mess, 6 empty bottles of wine from the night before thrown in the trash, burnt food and dirty dishes dumped in the sink…The phone had stopped ringing as we’d lost all our business accounts…life was on a spiral down and for the first time in my life, I was losing hope. I was terrified and I knew that something had to change!

With the help of SR and the people here, my therapist and my HPs, my life looks a lot different today than it did 3 months ago. I get up in the morning without dread and look forward to the day ahead. Anxiety and fear is gone, my home is clean, I’ve lost weight, my eyes are clear, my husband and I fight less and we're working on rebuilding our business, I’m enjoying hobbies I pushed aside due to drinking and I feel pride in myself again. Life isn’t perfect, but it’s 1000xs better than the one I was living in my last chapter.

For anyone reading this who is thinking of giving up and contemplating having a drink today, think twice! Life is short and there’s so much more beauty in it once our mind and spirit begins to heal. Whether it's Day 1 or Day 1000,000,000, never give up hope!