Old 05-18-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Gil, when I first got sober, I was just trying to make it thru the day. Once the brain fog started to lift, I realized that I'm happiest when I'm "outside" of my own head. It's always a work in progress, but I feel like I'm finally comfortable with myself and that life is what I make it, not what others can or can't do for me. Not sure if that makes any sense, but it does to me.
I think you kind of hit the nail on the head FBL. I was a rather serious and introverted child, and I think that is one of the reasons I took to alcohol so naturally. It made me happy and social and liked. It's taken two years of sobriety to become comfortable with myself, and not to feel ashamed of who I am. I too have begun to learn that joy mostly comes from the small things day to day, though I have nothing against big joy visiting me on occasion.

I am in the process of dumping a bunch of old camcorder videos onto my laptop. Some of these tapes are nearly 15 years old, and I am rushing against time before they start to fade away. Last night, I sat around the coffee table with my kids watching a few. It certainly brought back memories for me and the kids loved seeing themselves when they were so young. It was a blast for everyone and a definitely one of those little life moments that made me happy.

Carlos, I have no idea why **** got switched. I figured that you just couldn't remember the name, then saw that my post got edited too. Who knew?

I am working to midnight the next few nights but have some time off coming up Memorial Day weekend that I am looking forward to. I definitely need to step away from the daily grind for a bit to mentally and physically recharge myself.

Have a great day all!