Old 05-18-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Better than starting the day drinking and not getting a thing done all day except stoking my self loathing.
Exactly...that's all my drinking was for at least the last three years.

Hey, what's the deal with "b a b a" being bleeped out with Ganoush? Does it have some negative connotation?

Thanks for the thoughts on being scared. Those thoughts are part of life and I do have many new ways to deal with them. One thing for sure, I no longer need or want to drink over them....at least the way I feel today.

Interesting...finding happiness in the small things. Sure, I do that now. But, I can find happiness in bigger things too. I think the difference for me is that I finally am looking to be grateful - no matter what - big or small.

Day by day, lots of little things add up to a rather happy and content existence, now. Every once in awhile I have big things, (holding my newborn granddaughter as example-turning 4 years soon - etc)...the key for me to find happiness is by doing the next right thing, look and listen for signs, practice humility, realize what I control, be vulnerable, look for ways to give back...etc/blah-blah-blah - just that daily credo I try to follow...

However, the real key for me - is knowing that it is an inside job and not those people, places and things that create happy, joyous and free.

Yikes, work time - have a good day, all.

Nope, not happening today! Y'all know what I'm talking about.

SR Carlos (DZ - out of time, my Carlos story tomorrow, foo shoo)