View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
BoxinRotz

I walk a lot at work. I'm on my feet all day long. I'm a Corrections Officer and my first 2 hours of work can only be described as controlled chaos! Add in rounds up and down steps every 20 minutes, 30 minutes or hour depending upon which block I am on. If I'm on an outside post, I'm standing on concrete all day long, walking miles around the yards making sure no one kills somebody, working the chow hall. It's not an easy job! I have some time that I can not anticipate until I turn over. Then every week, I get an hour of sick time. Any over time I work gets put onto Comp time. I just don't have enough to go out for the 3 month recovery. I have to be able to run. If I had an office job, it would be 6 weeks. What I have thought about is going out for 6 and being able to walk on it and going light duty. I still don't have the time to cover the 6 weeks though. If AH would have don what he always promised, I could get it done but I'm always the one who has taken the back seat. I just have to deal with it.