View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nemi

Realising I'm a young alcoholic

Hey everyone.
I am a 27 year old woman, and it's safe (though painful) to say that I am an alcoholic. I suffer from severe anxiety, and startet selfmedicating with alcohol about a year ago. Have always been a little too keen on drinking compared to other people my age . I dont mean only partying, I really enjoy "relaxing " and drinking alone. Om my sofa. In front of the TV.. (that sounds pathetic
Well, long story short, in order to give my brain some peace and quiet Ive been drinking almost every evening /night the last year. Started with 3 beers a night, The last couple of months it was as much as 6 beers or a bottle of wine. 4-5 times A WEEK. My health got worse. My anxiety was through the roof, i was feeling sick to my stomach and just spaced out every day. Have a part time job, a husband and a child.. so. Last friday I drank so much that I vomited. And I came to the conclusion that I am done with this. I wont drink anymore. Have not touched a drop in a week.
Was so scared of withdrawals (anxiety also had me convinced I would get Delirium tremens), but I have been really ok. No shaking. No nothing really, just tired and in a fairly bad mood.
I know too well that I can't have a beer/ glass of wine now and then like normal people . I need to stop forever (pretty depressing thought actually )
Not sure what I wanna say with this post, just needed to write it down .