Old 05-12-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
seek

Thank you. The regular forums don't seem to work for me because I am not a 12 Step person and also most of the focus is on "the problem." I rarely hear people talk about HOW they are coping - they mostly post about what the alcoholics or addicts are doing - not how they're doing . . .

I just listened to a podcast that was interesting - posited that it is better for people with mental illnesses to live amongst anyone but their families - because the criticisms, hostilities, and "over-involvement" inspire "relapse" (confused about that term when talking about mental illness) . . . what I took away from it is that people have to find their own solutions . . . I didn't like the blaming the families for being critical or hostile though . . . they said acceptance is the most healing - I think in theory and from a distance, that is true - but if you are living with or are close to an active alcoholic, "acceptance" might be nice for them, but I don't want to live MY life like that. It is NOT all about them (that's one of the things I am trying to escape from) . . .

I had some interesting work done lately - I thought I was just getting a massage but the person was trained in psychotherapy and did Jin Shin Do and it really helped me let go of some negative feelings that had been stuck in my body. I'm going to do more next week - and we talked about me feeling trapped by this problem . . .

I want to be free of feeling jerked around by another person's hurtful decisions.