View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wholesome

My counselor isn't a fan of AA, she said she thinks it's too religious. I'm glad that there are so many more options today for people wanting to quit drinking, AA is one way but it's not the only way. I have explained RR to her a few times now and encouraged her to read the book so she can point people in that direction. I go to see her only once a month now because I don't need help with quitting drinking, thanks to AVRT that is over, but I do like getting her opinion on how I'm going to live my new sober life and mending relationships that my selfish behaviour damaged and just general self improvement.....self esteem and whatnot. I agree that one doesn't need a substantial support network. What does that even mean? To me getting and staying sober is an inside job that has to come from within. It's nice to be supported but it can't be what keeps a person sober. What if something happens to that support? And of course one can simply just decide to quit drinking! Isn't that what every person who ever quit did? Is there another way? I guess people can choose to believe that it was divine intervention, a miracle, but I think they made a decision to quit and day by day by day by day kept at it until it stuck.