Old 05-11-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

well you might not be fully understanding the what and how of boundaries.

boundaries are NOT rules........or ultimatums. and they are not FOR the other person.

boundaries are like a force field around ourselves. we decided what we will and WILL NOT accept in the behaviors of others.

A boundary could be: I refuse to allow drug use in my home. If i find or suspect you are using drugs in my home, i will immediately call the police.

Another might be, I am worthy of honesty and respect in all my relationships. And i will not engage with anyone who has shown themselves to be dishonest.

My income is a valuable hard earned commodity and it will not be used to fund illicit or illegal activities. I am not a bank and will not loan money to friends or partners. If i suspect someone has taken money from me without my permission, I will contact the police and report the theft.

Notice in the above "I" did not demand that "you" do anything. "I" only stated what MY actions will be in specific circumstances.

but he manipulates my emotions
he can't do that without you allowing it. take your power back. he's not Kryptonite.