Old 05-09-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Hi All,

Thanks for kind words and thoughts about JG.

FBL, my best to your brother as he works towards a solution.

DZ, positive vibes to you as you work through things.

Our AA meeting was hijacked by talk of depression, meds, therapy and a multitude of personal issues shared by the chairperson.

A couple oldtimers were upset that it was not alcohol related and offered prayer, work the steps, call your sponsor....seek medical help and accept their diagnosis.

Many other more empathetic shares were about their own experience, strength and hope. A few shared directly to the personal issues that this chair person presented.

The chair is no spring chicken...approaching 32 years of sobriety.

In the end, our love for this chair shown through and he got to personally vent a storm of mental health issues he is feeling.

My takeaway was that when in doubt, seek respected outside opinions, in and out of the rooms, and, be sure to include my HP. The one person to give as little time to as possible in solving these issues is myself. When I call myself on the phone, I always hear exactly what I want to hear, and, most of the time, it is the resolve I've already figured out....yeah, that's worked like a lead balloon in the past.

Recovery is teaching me to be more open minded - but, it sure is meeting up with a formidable long-time foe along the way.

Tuesday...getting it started with some strong a** coffee and a clear sober path for the day.

SR Carlos

Badge, I've taken to tossing those lost-sole-comforters. RIP