Thread: Envy, maybe?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Smarie78

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Scorpio.....it is so true that the essential nature of alcoholism makes the alcoholic a "taker".....and, if one looks very closely, the partners of alcoholics are often the first in line to do a big chunk of the "giving"......
It really is a dance....similar to the Argentine tango....where two bodies are moving in total synchrony....(in collusion)...

With co-dependency (where it does exist), I don't think that the great "sin" is in the giving to another....rather, the "sin" is that one gives to the detriment of the self......

I think it is a good step when one can realize that they are getting the short end of the stick.....
Another good step when one can recognize if they have been a part of that....
And, even, a better step when one can say...No more! I am going to make my my own welfare a priority, in my life (because nobody else is going to)......
You always get it right on dandy. I love your compassion and logic. Great response. And yes, I agree that recognizing your suffering at the cost of someone else decisions is a great step because it shows your starting to understand that YOU matter too.

I would only add to OP that he is a sick person. Not at all to absolve him of his actions, but 30 days in a facility is because he is chemically dependent and eternally child-like because of it. I promise that being here and healthy is a much better place