View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 10:40 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
For instance, when I was trying, for years, to cut down daily amount, start later in the day, maybe miss a day out.....sometimes there wasn't any AV, and after deciding not to drink until, say 2pm (lol) and I'd have only X cans of lager. So I'd be relatively sober and coasting through, batting off the AV, or feel little AV, until, suddenly I'd be stood there, with an open can of lager raised to mouth, drinking it! I honestly didn't remember anything before that point...
Tatsy,
When I remember back about my drinking days it eventually became crystal clear that when I was under the influence back then it made no sense to try now to retroactively apply the Technique of Recognition of my Addictive Voice; just as it is impossible to ever do AVRT while under the influence.

I understand when it happens to me (the drinking without recalling the steps that led to it) ...
"happens"? I thought drinking was done and over forever with you.

And what's that spending hours listening to a drunk friend blab away over the phone all about? To me that sounds like being in radio contact with a friend who's the captain of a boat unwittingly heading straight into the perfect storm, my knowing it, and my not pleading with him/her to turn back. But maybe she's not really a friend; in which case - adios after 2 minutes max.
GT