View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
fini

until, suddenly I'd be stood there, with an open can of lager raised to mouth, drinking it! I honestly didn't remember anything before that point, not walking down the garden to the lager stored in the summer house, not walking up the stops, opening the door, taking a can from my secret stash, not walking back to the house and not even pulling the ring pull and raising it (classy, lager straight out the tin).

wow...that never happened to me...that is scary...you ascribe that to something like "being in addiction" and do not expect that to be able to happen again?
i've not had an experience like that, ever.

i AM ver y much wondering about something mentioned later, relating to dementia. my mom died last year, and had dementia for almost the last decade of her life. and i do wonder occasionally what might happen if i get Alzheimer disease and simply forget that i don't drink.....when my mom was nowhere near the end but quite demented, we all watched her drink and much enjoy a large beer, and proclaiming it was sooooo good, when her entire life she had found beer one of the most distasteful things imaginable.