View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 02:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Midas

Apology of Sorts

Deep down, I feel I owe an apology to SR and all the members. I haven't quite been my usual self, and some issues have recently surfaced. If I'm not myself, then who am I? Hmmm. Wait. Don't answer that one.

There's a delicate balance to sobriety. That balance is easily tipped towards delusion on one extreme, and tipped towards self-denial on the other extreme.

In either case, relapse is almost certain. Strange though, both extremes are the root of over-confidence. It can be avoided.

I apologize for my recent outburst of anger, and venting it inappropriately in plain view of the newcomer zone.

That's just wrong. I feel like a hypocrite, since I'm the one wanting to set a good example. It wasn't fair to take pot-shots either, by accusing you of not caring. That was hateful--wrong in both literal and moral terms.

Regarding the stipulation ''having a right to be wrong'', doesn't give me the right to be evil, to lash out at others unprovoked, or to hurt others simply because I'm hurt. When that happens, all my experience, strength, and hope just go flying out the window.

So, upon taking the suggestions from a couple members, I will take a short break away from the boards. Maybe a week.

With that being said, I sincerely do apologize.

Peace Be With You,
~Midas~