View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
qtpi

Update- adult children alienation

My son texted me about 3 weeks ago that he would call me "when he has the time." Nothing since then. I sent back " I am so happy to hear about your new job. I love you." Decided less was better. I have heard nothing since then.

My daughter cut me off about a month ago after an angry rant with an f-bomb. This week she tried to call monday, tuesday, wednesday- left no message. I tried to call back and I left a text each time. we haven't talked.

I started seeing a counselor who has been very helpful. I am finding Alanon has not been helpful with this - talking or ruminating a lot has not been helpful. I am trying this to see if this-posting on SR- is helpful. I started keeping a list of activities that are helpful and are not helpful. Really struggling with physical pain, tears, guilt, shame, sorrow, regret, interrupted sleep. the worst time was about 9 days ago. Gradually getting better. I find what really helps is hanging around loving, caring people- either on hikes or in musical groups I participate in- and going to work.

I cleaned up my apartment put away pictures of the kids- what a difference that made in my state of mind! I was most depressed in my apartment - and then I realized- PUT THOSE PICTURES AWAY! It feels so much better now.

Trying to be philosophical and tell myself any adult gets to choose who is in his or her life. Trying to focus on all the good things in my life.

No financial settlement yet.