Thread: Another day
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

J-I am going thru something like that, with govt. people. Dozens of times- with no tangible result. To jus accept and let go of the feelings of frustration and that want- 'need' of a drink is vital to deal with each and every time. The world does not owe me a living. So well done- there will always be something. To be able to bcope with the silly stuff helps build up resilience in dealing with important stuff- like life. health. family etc.
Your TV show- I am sure you will find a way to watch it. Same with me.
Each and every time this happens ( 7 times with govt today- not unusual) I go back to basic default -HALTDS. Then mindful breathing and record what it is that is distressing me. Date/time/who/where/why. Then I distract- do something else and make sure I deal with my feelings- there and then- not put it off. That only leads of very negative thinking. Ii try to read back, to see if my plan (daily and recovery) needs to be upgraded. Also if happy with the outcome- it provides myself with a reminder that when in the future- when the next crap thing happens, I have reached at least peace of mind.
Good for you.