Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Originally Posted by AlwysConflicted View Post
Your dad sounds like he had life figured out and knew how to savour and enjoy it That's a great attitude to have and a very healthy one. Food has always been an issue for me and moderation is a word im unfamiliar with but envy those who are able to be that way
Thx AC. My dad had a lot of interesting wisdom...but you know what, he could be one tough son of a gun at times too. You spoke of that island in which people's livelihoods/occupations were sort of handed down and that is really similar to how he was raised. He was raised exactly in the place his grandfather settled and that's where I was raised. It's a very special beautiful place in many regards, but it really did promote a very basic simple way of living (off the land), indeed, as my great grandfather was one of the very first white men to settle in that particular area. So, these simple basic concepts were something I learned growing up, but very much took for GRANTED until after I had left home for awhile.

But, many folks yearn to return to their roots or they find that no matter how far they wander from 'home', they are still who they are/were to begin with. Hmmm? And, there seems to be something in many folks that has them yearning to get back to the basics. Perhaps it is really the essence of simplicity they are yearning for which promotes peace.