Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AlwysConflicted

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
Yes, that is such a good lesson about the Two Wolves! Thanks for reminding me of it.

I also think in terms of the flesh vs. the spirit. Two natures. Always seeming to be at odds with one another....

There is that part of us that *Just*Wants*PEACE*...we see glimpses of that desire even in some of the most contrary people; people who seem to like to stir the pot and are unsettled. But, there is something lurking down deep inside that does want peace.

There is that part of us that just wants to feed and satisfy the flesh at whatever cost. This is in us, all around us, everywhere we look. A greed and hunger to keep the flesh happy, but it is never really satisfied, is it? Look at the media, for example. It's never enough; never enough. Yes human nature tends to be dishonest and always stirring up strife.

One way we can feed the good wolf is by starving the other.

This is SO not easy, nor is it ever done with ease. Life happens and we are faced with many challenges. You have a lot of support here.
I so agree with you. I think theres a part in everyone who craves peace - a luxury that most will never be able to have.. Life is just becoming increasingly complicated. We are overwhelmed with choices these days and big industries certainly do play on our greed! The minute you buy one thing the next model/update etc is already out you can't even keep up. I feel life these days can be very overstimulating in a non natural way and overwhelming! A simpler life is bound to be a happier one...

There's an island in Greece called Ikaria which has become well known due to most of the inhabitants living past 100. There are a few other places around the world where its the same and they all seem to have one thing in common: simplicity. They live off the land and are assigned their life's work based on what is passed down to them. Small communities where interaction is much more frequent than in a busy city somewhere else in the world.

They have good lives, they have the basics and nothing more really, they are content and doubt they ever sit and over analyse or question if they are happy etc. They simply just live!

But on the other hand we have just got to make the most of what weve got because I don't want to end this life feeling it was such a waste. An addiction can waste years of your life away, I can't let it steal any more from me...And addiction is never an isolated issue, it's tied in to so many different aspects of life (at least for me) that I feel it's just one long constant battle. I can beat the cocaine and then address the last hurdle of my Xanax addiction. I can then beat that and address my seriously unhealthy relationship with food, then smoking, coffee sometimes life really does seem like a never ending battle between your two wolves and as much as you try to starve the bad one it's always just waiting for that one moment of vulnerability...

I think back to the days I used to say cocaine was only a 'mental' addiction and believed it haha. I had no idea at the time that the mental side of addiction is the most difficult part of the battle...

thanks for your response and support!