Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AlwysConflicted

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
The AV will keep the focus on the 'why's , and admit for more use before the 'why's are answered, and even better for IT is that you never find satisfactory answers, thereby the option for continued use is always open.
Change your focus to never using again, no matter what, starve IT out. The 'why's can be addressed in time , but finding the answers is not the beginning of ending the addiction, it is the addiction worming ITs way into staying alive, starve IT out.
Thanks for your response. I never really thought of it in that way but I completely get your point. Overally I think i'm quite in touch with myself in the sense that I feel I have a good understanding of what my true motives/reasons are behind most my actions/feelings. When it comes to this however it just doesn't make sense...I know what to expect, I know the outcome is always the same - crappy, I know how much I can lose and I know the damage I could do to my nose yet something inside me just seemed to be able to override all that logic and I have no idea what that something is...
Maybe you're right, maybe best not to over analyse and seek answers to whys. If there's a next time for relapse it could even act as an excuse to use as in that state any excuse will do..Addiction works in such sneaky ways and maybe I don't have to understand it and as you said just change my focus to starving it out. Was so frustrated with myself when I wrote that, angry and feeling so stupid but it's probably a wrong route to take. No positive changes develop from a negative attitude...

thanks for posting