View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 03:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
loveandmagic

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
LaM, I believe you when you state you had ni other problems. I don't know how long you dated. You don't have any children together or own a house together?

Those life experiences are when issues come up. If you stayed together you may find issues coming up.
We were together for a year. It's strange to say that, because it was such an intense year, and he moved in after a few months, his family and I fell in love with each other, his mother still calls me her daughter... I'd never been so certain about wanting to marry someone, and I figured at 30, that meant something. But I didn't realize what alcoholism meant, or the extent of his alcoholism.

No house or children. He moved into my apartment, which I purposefully did, in order to maintain control of my life, because I could afford all the bills with or without him (something my mother taught me).

A big part of me putting my foot down was fear for our hypothetical future children... he is who he is bc of what his alcoholic father put him through. And I want for my children to have a confident, stable father who feels comfortable showing and accepting healthy love. Because that's who my father is. I ended the relationship bc I saw what our issues COULD have spiraled into. And reading everyone else's tragic stories, maybe I should be grateful for my foresight.

As I said, I just had so much hope for him and for us.