Old 05-01-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by spryte View Post
I had a slip this weekend. I had plans made for Saturday night but I drank during the day on Saturday and broke my plans. I feel awful. Now I'm behind in everything, cleaning, laundry and taxes. It was not worth it.

I'm dusting myself off and getting back to it. I don't need to listen to the AV today.

Hi Spryte,

There is no such thing as a "slip" unless you're referring to gravity helping your swallowing muscles as the booze slips on down your throat. Gravity helps the alcohol slip its way on into your blood stream as you pour it into your tilted back head's mouth one inch from your nose and two inches from your wide open eyes (or did you close your eyes to help savor alcohol's chemical warmth and the exciting anticipation of that wonderful pleasure) .

You didn't just go along with your AV to wiggle a finger, you had a drink, followed by lots of others, and here you are with not even a parking ticket; only some slightly delayed chores. Not too bad.

As to attending recovery groups while trying to learn AVRT: that would only make sense as a very immersive sort of SHIFTING involving dealing with a huge amount of INSTITUTIONAL ADDICTIVE VOICE activity as well as witnessing people becoming trapped and already trapped in a Way Of Life In-recovery Purgatory (WOLIP) ruled over by the prime directive "I have given in to being permanently addicted and can never get past this condition that needs constant help from other strugglers."

If you want to do some real serious powerful SHIFTING, I would recommend this much quicker personalized method instead of attending recovery groups. Go buy a bottle of your Beast's favorite form of alcohol and take it home and put in a prominent place in your kitchen. Then, ocassionally, take a glass and pour some out and put it to your nose and smell. Then pour it back in the bottle - over the sink in case some misses. That way you can do this SHIFTING over and over for many weeks until that small amount that misses being poured back in finally leaves the bottle empty. I think this form of SHIFTING is much to be preferred to attending recovery groups.

After you've read "Rational Recovery: The New Cure..." one way to accelerate your AVRT proficiency (and better understand this post) would be to reread the glossary at the end of the book until you know the meaning of each term by heart. Good luck and keep us posted.

And by the way, you don't need to tell us, or anyone for that matter, when you finally do make your Big Plan (which you can do only once in your lifetime), but you will know when you've made it. SHIFTING will then no longer be needed as an exercise in understanding AVRT.

GT