View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
CreativeThinker

So glad I'm not the only one who has been isolating myself. I haven't been in 1 social situation where there has been a lot of people drinking since I stopped drinking over 2 months ago. I deactivated FB years ago, so that's not a problem.

When I am out, shopping, at work or interacting with others, I don't feel uncomfortable or filled with anxiety...I just don't put myself in any situation where others will be drinking. My husband and I have been out to dinner a few times and the first few times I missed not having drinks, but the last time we went out (Friday), it didn't bother me at all.

I'm really enjoying the time I spend doing things that I put off because I was either drinking or hungover: daily workouts, reading books again, spending time on SR, cooking, gardening... But sometimes I wonder if I'm being too protective of my sobriety and whether I should be spending more time in group situations. I.E., my husband and I used to entertain a lot. For the last 2 months we haven't invited anyone for dinner.

Eventually I will have to face my fear of being in a drinking environment...until then, I'm not going to concern myself with it.

Thanks for starting this thread MCB!