View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
August252015

Since my experience has been different than what most of you wrote- I don't miss anyone or anything about my drinking life and have a no problem with a zero-tolerance policy for people, places and practices from those days- I will comment on FB. I went off it for awhile, before I quit, and when I got back on it, absolutely everything that I myself post is positive, happy, and such. I turned off feeds from anyone aggravating me, if I kept them as a friend, and know that the only people posting pics at places/with alcohol are people in my life who have a healthy relationship with it (or I know their own struggles, for the most part). Having 300 ish friends v 1000 cut down on the crap.

My point really is- if it is good for my mindset, social media is great. If not, it goes. Just like real life stuff. I have found a very full life in sobriety and one of my challenges is isolation- I need my alone time and I have also let my bf and sponsor know that if they don't hear from me for a day (him, more frequently than that) then to perk up their ears.