View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 01:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Singlemum, that man hasn't had any respect for you unless you give him what he wants( even then it isn't respect)- hes a selfish,self centered little child. you have been his hostage. he has been setting a ransom, you meet the ransom, and he sets a new one.

"Can anyome pls give me a sense of what he said? "
it reads like he has said you are finally free of him.

sobermom, are you aware that what you type reads with a whole lot of codependency on your part?

"I know it’s not my responsibility to fix him, but I don’t want to see him waste his years with his stupid drinking habits. '

youre not responsible and you don't have to see him waste his years. you let him leave, then you can start working on you and finding out why you would allow yourself to get into a relationship like this.

there is a completely awesome friends and family of alcoholics forum here. theres a lot of stickies at the top of that forum. lots of excellent reading. theres a LOT of excellent people over there that have been in your shoes.
I highly suggest visiting that forum, do some reading, and even start a thread to get some feedback from those folks.
hopefully this thread could be moved over there as it seems it would be a more appropriate place. youd get more feedback from people that have been in your shoes.

you didn't cause it
you cant control it
you cant cure it.
and
you AND your children deserve better

" Im just struggling to understand why he suddenly walks out the door that easily "
just my opinion, but its because hes a selfish,selfcentered alcoholic that wants an enabler. you became a threat to his drinking.